This year the restaurant industry is supposed to have higher profits than ever before, therefore businesses must start incorporating new developments to keep up with the competition. Here are a few progressions that can help your restaurant stay successful in these changing times.
#1: Food Favorites
Some of the most popular food items for this upcoming year include:
- Tacos – Keep up with popular food trucks by finding non-traditional ingredients to cater to a variety of customers (e.g. vegetarians).
- Hummus – This is a great replacement for salsa and can be used as a great dip or condiment.
- Breakfast for Dinner – Scrambled is the way to go for eggs this year and keep pancakes savory.
- Pickles – Don’t be afraid to experiment with various vinegars and spices.
- Ice Cream – Mixing sweet and savory is a popular trend at the moment.
People are gravitating towards restaurants that use key words such as “locally-made.” Customers appreciate when businesses use fresh, organic, handcrafted ingredients. Aside from what goes into the food, two popular trends are composting and recycling.
#3: Technology Updates
EMV Migration! If you are a restaurant owner, please read our blog titled What is EMV and What Happens in October 2015? which explains EMV and how it will affect your restaurant. There will be a shift in liability of fraudulent transactions from credit card issuers to merchants if the merchant does not use a chip-enabled terminal.
With these three tips, your business should flourish in 2015.